Good hair products help protect your hair and also give you the leisure to style it in different ways. Plus, with the rising demand every year, the variety of hair products available in the market is immense, and to help you identify the best ones, here’s a quick list.
It may be cliché, but an article on hair products is never complete without mentioning “shampoos.”
In the market, various kinds of shampoos are available for different hair types, but we often pick the wrong ones due to unawareness. So, before you buy a shampoo, identify your hair type and also read about different kinds of shampoos available for your hair, including…
- Clarifying shampoo: This type of shampoo dries up the hair cuticle, clears the roots from product build-up or dandruff, and reduces bad odors. Some salons use these shampoos before chemical hair treatments like coloring.
- Volumizing shampoo: Volumizing shampoo makes the hair cuticle thicker and helps you to get fluffy hair. Make sure the conditioner of the shampoo is lightweight. Otherwise, it will weigh down the hair.
- Smoothing Shampoo: If you want to smooth and straight hair for any occasion, you can try this shampoo. The silicone in the product flattens the hair. To finish the look, style the hair with a straightener.
- Shampoo for colored hair: If you have colored hair, you should use shampoos for this purpose. Ensure that the pH level of the shampoo is between 4.5 to 5.5 and contains oils and algae. These elements will stop the hair color from fading quickly.
- Dry shampoo: You will find this product in the form of powder or spray. It helps to cleanse the hair without water by absorbing extra oil and sebum from the root and scalp. This shampoo also works for people with colored hair as it doesn’t require water.
- Alcohol-free shampoo: This type of shampoo locks moisture and natural hair oil in the scalp and decreases itching problems.
- Hair gel
Hair gel is a hair styling product that helps give your hair a sleek look. You have to apply this on wet hair to get the desired outcome.
However, make sure you only apply it to the lengths, leaving the roots. Further, avoid alcohol-based hair gel as it can make your hair rough.
- Hair serum and hair oil
If you style your hair frequently, you should keep your hair serum handy. It also helps to protect hair from heat, humidity, pollutants, and sun. Further, you will face less frizzy hair issues and also obtain a smooth texture in your hair. To get the best result, consider the texture and hair condition before buying the hair serum.
Nowadays, hair oils are also becoming increasingly popular, and no, they are not limited to your regular coconut oil. Instead, different hair oils offer different properties depending on what is needed for your hair.
While some provide the hair with the necessary nourishments, a few others make it healthier. For example, massaging oil regularly on your scalp reduces the breakage, splits ends of the hair, and lubricates it.
You can also use it as an alternative for the hair mask. Hair oils promote the growth of the hair and give it a polished look. Personally, I have been using Hybrid Oil from Arkive daily for a month, and now my hair looks shinier than ever.
Just like shampoos, there are different types of conditioners for different hair types. It is designed to give the required moisturization to your scalp and hair. Let’s explore some famous types of conditioners to help you identify what type suits your hair the most.
- Normal Conditioner: This kind of conditioner is marketed by every brand. You must put it on your hair for 3-4 minutes after shampooing and then rinse it. Do not apply it to the roots of your hair.
- Leave-in conditioner: Leave-in conditioners are used to get tangle-free smooth hair. They are more expensive than the previous ones.
Over to you…
If you are willing to spend more, you can include hair mousse, hair wax, and hair spray in your list. Make sure to follow all the instructions provided on the back of these products for the best results.