If you are someone who spends time outdoors, you know the risks that come with exposing your skin to the harsh UV sun rays. It could make your skin tanned and darkened, and devoid of nourishment too. This is why most skincare experts recommend cleansing your skin afterward. And you will need to ditch the harsh chemicals and scrubs to remove the traces of make-up and dirt.
The trouble is that using harsh scrubs can cause abrasions and leave your skin looking inflamed and parched. So, what is the solution? Enter, milk cleansers! Also known as cleansing milk, these gentle milk-based formulations give your skin a good cleanse without drying it out. Here’s what makes them such a special and irreplaceable part of your skincare routine.
What exactly is cleansing milk?
Cleansing milk is a gentle skin cleanser that helps to remove all traces of dirt and makeup gently without affecting the pH balance of the skin. It can also be used in place of a face wash.
A milk cleanser does not need water to emulsify itself and thus can be applied directly to the skin to start the cleansing process. It is made of lightweight ingredients and natural oils to clean the skin cells gently, so as not to reduce the content of natural oils or pH balance in the cells.
Microblading is a semi-permanent cosmetic tattoo technique that creates the appearance of hair-like strokes to mimic individual eyebrow hairs.
How to use it?
Ideally using a cleanser should be the first step in your cleansing routine. Here is a step-by-step process to use the cleansing milk.
- Secure your hair with a headband or tie it up.
- Take a cotton pad and soak it in mineral water.
- Use this cotton pad to wipe your skin clean. (It would also set the base for cleansing your face).
- Take a generous amount of this cleanser in your palms and massage it on the face and neck.
- Let it stay there for a few minutes and then wipe it off with a damp cloth.
- Follow up with a moisturizer, a face cream (or skin cream), or a skin serum as per your skin type.
Adding it to your skincare regime
- While it is a safe product to be used every day, you can tweak the usage according to your skin type. Replace this product with the face wash at least once a week to see how the product fares on your skin.
- You can use it in the PM regime when you are cleansing the face from the impurities accumulated all through the day. Its thin milky texture is non-lathering and will not leave the skin feeling dry.
Different ways of using it
Here are some other ways of adding this milk-based cleanser to your skincare regime:
- Quick Hydrating Mask – Yes, you read that right. Wash your skin and pat dry. Take some of this milk-based cleanser and apply it to your skin and neck forming a thin layer. Take two cotton pads and soak them in rose water and place them on the eyes. Let it stay for 10 minutes and wipe off with a warm water towel.
- Soothing Skin Mask – Mix an equal portion of this milk-based solution with Mamaearth’s Aloe Vera gel. Whisk it well to combine the ingredients. Apply a thick layer on dry areas of skin or sunburned skin to provide relief from redness and inflammation. Aloe vera soothes the skin and provides instant relief while the shea butter and saffron soothes the skin.
- Gentle Body Scrub – Mix equal amounts of any of Mamaearth’s body scrubs with the Ubtan Cleansing Milk. Make a paste and use it in the shower to gently exfoliate the skin. While the scrub sloughs dead skin to reveal new skin, the cleanser acts as a moisturizing barrier on the skin to lock in the nourishment.
Some of the benefits of using a chemical-free product include:
- Gives you fresh, radiant, and rejuvenated skin
- Helps clean your pores without leaving your skin feeling stretched
- A hydrating way to clean your skin of accumulated dirt and makeup
- Provides gentle cleansing without disrupting the pH balance of the skin
Which cleansing milk can you use?
You can try the Mamaearth Ubtan Cleansing Milk that comes free of harmful chemicals and toxins, and is one of the gentlest products in its category for all skin types.
It is lightweight and spreads quickly on the skin as you massage it on the face and neck. Its fast-acting formula dislodges the grime and dirt that you might have accumulated over the day. Its non-greasy formula does not leave any residue or a sticky feeling either.
This product offers the goodness of turmeric and saffron to brighten up the skin and protect it from sun damage. The presence of shea butter and coconut oil helps in skin repair and moisturization. This translates into more radiance and a glowing presence for you!
Did you know? Mamaearth has made this skincare product with natural ingredients that clean the skin gently so you could have that radiant shine that you have always longed for. These ingredients are sensitive to the needs of your skin- they effectively nourish your skin cells and protect them from further damage.
Do I need to use any other skincare product after cleansing the face?
Ideally yes. You should be using a skin cream or a serum to lock in the moisture after you have cleansed your face. We recommend creating a protective film with a chemical-free face serum or face cream at least half an hour after you have used the cleansing milk.
In most cases, there is no need to use sunscreen afterward. But if you are using this in the morning and have to step out, you should top it with sunscreen to protect your skin from external environmental stressors.
We recommend using Mamaearth Anti-Pollution Daily Face Cream, for Dry and Oily Skin, with Turmeric and Pollustop For a Bright Glowing Skin. it is one the top 10 creams for face and skin, and is meant for men an women of all age groups. Its unique oil-free formula provides effective protection against pollution and fights free radicals.
Using cleansing milk is a lot better than using a soap that can completely dry out the skin. But it is also important to choose one that is chemical-free and suits your skin type. Ensuring this practice would help you have a safer and hassle-free cleansing process that would take out the dirt and accumulated grime from your skin without hurting it. As a plus, you can also count on extra moisturization after the cleansing process is completed, thus helping you feel de-stressed and detoxed in next to no time.
Note: Like all new products that you may try, we highly recommend carrying out a patch test before you start using a product to eliminate any allergies or rashes caused by any ingredients in the products. Mamaearth’s products are completely free from any harmful chemicals and toxins. No wonder, it is also Asia’s first brand to receive the highly coveted Made Safe certification.