The preparation and study tips for class 9 maths will assist a student in preparing for the exam in a proper and planned manner so that they can score high in Math. These tips and tricks will help a student to get on the path of scoring good marks in Class 9 Maths. Some pointers to keep in mind are as follows:
- Choose a study environment in which a student feels comfortable studying and avoids all distractions. Keep all cell phones and laptops away from the study area.
- Students should divide the study materials to study more effectively. Always keep a piece of paper handy to jot down important points, definitions, chemical reactions, and formulae. Simultaneously, begin your preparation with a simple and perfect topic, as your interest and concentration will grow.
- Never disregard a topic because every topic on your syllabus is important. As a result, understand each concept, discuss it with your friends, and seek clarification from the seniors or lecturers.
- In addition to other study materials, more NCERT textbooks should be consulted for accurate information. The majority of questions in CBSE exams are taken directly from these NCERT books. Students once done with NCERTs can also refer to additional sources like RS Aggarwal followed by solutions of different chapters like RS Aggarwal Class 9 Maths Solutions Chapter 3
- Always remember to practice writing rather than telling orally, as writing helps one remember important points and improves spelling, grammar, and handwriting. Solving more model papers aids in time management for each question, providing a preview of the final exam question paper.
- The key to success is revision. Revise all important questions, take running notes, and spend more time recollecting and discussing answers, formulae, equations, and more diagrams, as they are crucial in both theory and practical exams.
- Starting to study for an exam a month before the exam will help a student to get a good grade. So, by attending class on a regular basis, you can study on a regular basis.
- Make a notebook of important formulas and theorems to review the day before the exam.
- The key to acing the exam is practice. The students should definitely, without any second thought practice different types of Math questions.
- Solve the CBSE practice papers and sample papers in a single sitting within the time limit.
- Give more weight to topics with a high weightage.
- Not only should a student read or memorize the topics, but one should also practice them. This is the most important thing to remember, as reading math will not help the students. Instead, students should establish a routine and allow time for practice.
- Geometry, Mensuration, and Algebra are examples of topics with a large number of formulae and concept-based questions.
- Finally, students should try to finish the CBSE Class 9 syllabus a month before the exams so that they have enough time for revisions and discussions. Students should never overstress themselves; instead, they have to maintain a healthy diet, get enough sleep, and exercise on a regular basis.
CHAPTERWISE TIPS AND TRICKS FOR CLASS 9 MATHS
1) Number System- This chapter contains a number of new concepts to learn, such as real numbers and their types, rational and irrational numbers. Despite the fact that the topic is minor, many students encounter difficulties as a result of new concepts. So, learn the definitions of all the different types of numbers thoroughly.
2) Polynomials: This is one of the simplest topics in which you must understand the definition and different types of polynomials, as well as their coefficients and degrees. Also, practising different types of questions is important in this chapter as the complexity level can be different.
3) Coordinate Geometry: In this chapter, the students need to know about the Cartesian plane, graphs, and their applications. It is sufficient to practice the NCERT book for this particular chapter.
4) Linear Equations in Two Variables: The solution and graphs of linear equations in two variables are included. It is necessary to practice drawing graphs and solving equations.
5) Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry: This is a theoretical chapter in mathematics that contains definitions, axioms, and postulates. You can only learn these and their fundamental applications.
6) Lines and Angles: Discover how to solve various types of questions based on angles and various theorems. Understand all the concepts, learn about various types of angles and try different questions.
7) Triangles: In this chapter, the students will learn about the different properties and types of triangles. Using them in practice tests will strengthen this chapter.
8) Quadrilaterals: The students can prepare for this chapter by learning about the different kinds of quadrilaterals and their properties.
9) Areas of Parallelograms and Triangles: In this chapter, the students will learn the formulas and theorems for various types of triangles and parallelograms, as well as how to apply them.
10) Circles: Theorems and properties of circles play an important role in this chapter. These concepts and theorems can only be mastered through practice.
11) Constructions: This is a hands-on topic that can be learned by drawing and constructing various angles and triangles. Yes, do not forget to keep a sharpened pencil with you while constructing!
12) Heron’s Formula: The formula and its application in calculating the area of triangles and quadrilaterals should be learned.
13) Surface Areas and Volumes: In this chapter, the students will come across the formulas on how to calculate the areas and volumes of cubes, cuboids, spheres, cylinders, and cones.
14) Statistics: The simplest topic in math, in which the students must learn how to collect data and represent it in various graphs, histograms, and how to find the mean, median, and mode.
15) Probability: The annual exam contains 4-5 questions from this chapter.
The above chapter-by-chapter tips and tricks will aid students in their preparation in a methodical manner. This is the most efficient way to divide your entire syllabus and then prepare topic by topic. This will be very helpful in preparing the topics quickly.
Follow all these tips and tricks to make your preparation efficient.