Garage doors are subject to a lot of wear and tear. Over time, they can start to show signs of damage and wear, which can be a nuisance.
The 8 most common garage door repair problems are
- Door off track
- Broken springs
- Damaged panels
- Opener problems
- Noisy doors
- Sticking doors
- Misaligned sensors
- Remote control issues
Each of these problems can be fixed relatively easily if you know what to do, but if you’re not experienced with garage door repairs, it’s best to call a professional. In this article, we’ll give you a brief overview of each problem and how to fix it.
- Door off track: If your door is off its tracks, the first thing you need to do is check the tracks for any debris or damage that might be causing the problem. Once you’ve cleared away any obstacles, you can try to realign the tracks yourself using a screwdriver or a hammer. If the tracks are severely damaged, however, you’ll need to replace them.
- Broken springs: The springs are what counterbalance the weight of the door so that it can be opened and closed with ease. Over time, they can wear out and break, which will cause the door to become very heavy and difficult to open. It is not recommended to DIY repair or replace garage door springs, as they are under a lot of tension and can be dangerous. Instead, call a professional or schedule residential garage door repair in Castle Rock, CO.
- Damaged panels: Garage doors are made up of panels, and if one of them becomes damaged, it can cause the door to look unsightly and function less effectively. damaged panels can usually be replaced relatively easily, but depending on the type of door you have, you might need to order a new panel from the manufacturer.
- Opener problems: The opener is what raises and lowers the door, so if it starts acting up, it can be frustrating. Most opener problems can be fixed by resetting the opener or replacing the batteries, but if those don’t work, you might need to replace the entire opener unit.
- Noisy doors: If your garage door starts making strange noises, it could be due to worn-out parts or loose hardware. You can try lubricating the moving parts with WD-40 or a similar product, but if that doesn’t work, you might need to replace the offending parts.
- Sticking doors: If your door gets stuck when you try to open or close it, it could be due to dirt and debris build-up on the tracks. You can try cleaning the tracks with a household cleaner or a power washer, but if that doesn’t work, you might need to replace the tracks.
- Misaligned sensors: The sensors are what tell the opener when something is in the way of the door, and if they become misaligned, it can cause the door to get stuck or fail to open. You can try realigning the sensors yourself using a screwdriver or a hammer, but if that doesn’t work, you might need to replace them.
- Remote control issues: If your remote control starts acting up, it could be due to dead batteries or interference from other electronic devices. You can try replacing the batteries or moving the remote away from other electronics, but if that doesn’t work, you might need to replace the remote.
If you’re having trouble with your garage door and you can’t figure out what the problem is, it’s best to call a professional for help. A professional will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs quickly and efficiently.
At CR Garage Doors, we offer professional garage door repair in Castle Rock, CO. Our team of experienced technicians can help with all kinds of garage door problems, big or small. We are experienced in residential and commercial garage door installation in Castle Rock, CO, so we can help you no matter what kind of door you have.
Call us today at 720-252-1959 to schedule a free consultation. We’ll come to your home or business to take a look at your door and give you a quote for the repairs. We’re always happy to answer any questions you have and help you find the best solution for your needs.