Cloud computing is a pay-as-you-go model for delivering IT resources through the Internet. Instead of buying, operating, and maintaining physical data centers and servers, you can use a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS) to get processing power, storage, and databases as needed. Enterprises of all sizes and industries are using cloud computing today. Jobs requiring cloud capabilities are expected to expand 28% over the next five years.
The best approach to begin or advance in a career in cloud computing is to obtain an AWS certification. For a good reason, an AWS Cloud architect with the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate credential is in high demand. What can you do to get yourself ready for it? In this article, let’s go deeper to know more about AWS certification.
What exactly is an AWS certification?
AWS certifications are earned by demonstrating specific knowledge, skills, and abilities. The companies engage with AWS specialists to set the bar for necessary cloud job positions and technical expertise. Take and pass one of the best AWS certification exams to prove you meet that bar. When you do, AWS certifies you.
Why get AWS certified?
To find a new role, showcase your talents for a new project, or become your team’s go-to expert, AWS certification can help you. Experts design AWS certification exams in the position or technical area, and thus studying for one enables you to develop the abilities identified by authorities in the field.
Why AWS Cloud Architect certification?
The AWS Cloud Architect credential is in high demand among cloud engineers. In addition to passing it, it is necessary to understand why this certification is so valuable.
Even though other public cloud providers exist, Amazon Web Services (AWS) credentials are the most sought-after. Having this on your CV is incredibly advantageous whether you are an engineer or a consultant.
To be clear, this is not a simple exam. It’s not a test. You can buy a bunch of practice examinations, go through them, and expect to pass. The exam is scenario-driven. How to prepare for AWS certification should include this: AWS creates questions that only those with real-world experience and knowledge of their services can pass.
Certification course objective
The Cloud Architect Certification program will teach you how to develop and deploy dynamically scaled, highly available, fault-tolerant, and dependable applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. The curriculum covers AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, EC2, S3, Route53, VPC, Azure App Services, GCP, and more. You’ll learn the information and abilities required for AWS and Azure cloud architect certifications. Leading industry professionals have created a systematic learning path.
AWS Cloud Architect certification exam tips
- Enroll in a course: Joining a quality AWS certification course is the best way to get started. Fortunately, there are several helpful resources, like Simplilearn, Udemy, Coursera, and Cloud Guru.
- Read a book or study guide: read books to prepare for any certification. The problem with AWS is that Amazon has kept changing AWS certification, and AWS itself changes with high speed. That means any book will quickly become outdated concerning consoles, functions, and services. It was the biggest tip to know while using any book for AWS certification.
- Try to solve practice tests: These are also known as mock exams or exam simulators. It is the most crucial factor in passing or failing an exam. Mock tests have many advantages:
- They teach you to solve difficulties quickly, which is essential. Due to time constraints, many people get 5-10 questions wrong.
- Taking practice examinations also helps you retain information because your mind operates when you answer questions. It recalls and analyzes concepts to answer questions, helping you remember and understand topics better.
- Mock tests may help you assess your preparation. If you took the test and got only 50%, you are not ready for the exam and need further study and practice. They also assist you in identifying your weak points and areas of focus.
- Finish all practice questions. It is probably the top one tip. You need to practice reading, understanding, and solving problems fast because you will be taking an exam.
- Work on AWS labs: If you want to be an AWS Cloud Architect, you need to practice in the AWS console. Generally, students should enroll in a course that includes practice labs and an AWS free tier account. Using AWS in a live environment is possible thanks to online labs. You can learn how to use AWS services and real-world scenarios like creating a virtual machine, storing files in the cloud, and more by using laboratories instead of a simulation or demo. Because you only remember what you do, these AWS practical workshops will help you memorize services like EC2, S3, DynamoDB, IAM, and others.
- Study AWS White Papers: If you are not satisfied with your 800+ core score and want to improve it, it is recommended to study AWS White Papers and Case Studies. It is some of the most in-depth and valuable knowledge available online. It’s also good to check out the AWS documentation, which gives the most current information. AWS continues to evolve, and there are hundreds of updates to keep up with.
Thus, studying for any test, including the AWS Cloud Architect certification exam, will ensure success. It is no different for this exam. While it may need some of your spare time, the rewards outweigh the inconvenience. This certification will validate your technical skills and foster your expertise, making you more desirable to potential recruiters, which will only serve to further your career in the long run.
Final: Stay up-to-date
AWS, like any other technology, is subject to ongoing evolution. As a result, those looking for AWS Cloud Architect positions should not solely rely on the skills and knowledge they gained while completing their AWS certification programs. They must conduct research and keep abreast of significant industry developments. After landing your dream jobs, you can continue to pursue further training and research to keep yourself stay current with crucial industry developments.